Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 156 ~ Accepting What Is Me

A while back, Day 71,  I spoke of starting an additional blog.  That I needed structure and to feel healthy.  

Life Happens to Everyone.
CBK graphic designs - (me)
Well as you can see, I mentioned that eighty-five days ago!  In my defense, there has been a lot of "LIFE" going on.  In addition to a lack of motivation!  I can't lie to you, I have to call it as it is.  

What's changed now, you ask.  Well, my life is more of the same (which will always be an issue in one way or another) ---  However, since I wrote that back in August I would have to say that I have grown.  Not to mention, do I dare say it?! ... I am starting to like myself.

I like who I am... I am coming into terms with my past... I like what I am doing... and more importantly I like what I am about.

With that said... yes I will be starting a new blog about health and life style adjustments.  I have come to the realization that I could use to loose a few pounds, but I must be realistic.  I am taking into consideration of how my life is, how I love (LOVE) food and how I love to cook it just as much, who can forget the occasional glass of "vino" or "spirits" and the time I have to exercise... and this all has to be easy enough to maintain for the rest of my life.

My first blog on weight loss was a short term challenge, with the motivation of loosing weight in time for my 30th high school reunion.  The motivation behind my next blog is a change that will take me through the rest of my life healthy and comfortably.

You see, I came to a conclusion.. a revelation... the light turned on!   "HALLELUJAH!"

CBK
I am not obese, just about twenty pounds (more or less) overweight.  Yes I am getting older and no longer in my thirties, let alone my twenties.  I wouldn't say I am ugly, but as I said I am getting older.  

So... do I need to be SKINNY minny?  No I don't! ... Do I need or rather want to look good and be healthy?  Yes I do!  ... Do I love food and everything about it?  YES!  Does it have to be one extreme or the other?  No. 

Ok... so, do you see what I have to work with?  I accept what I have to work with... now to get creative.

I CAN DO IT!

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love    ~  Ephesians 3:16-17

Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.   ~ Plato

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.    ~  Thomas Edison


I am thankful for the new inner strength I discover each day. 


Blessings to all!!


209 days to go...


PS... I hope you like the changes you see to my blog... designed by little ol' me. (big smile!)


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: