Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 170 ~ Turkey Encore Presentation

I must say that after over twenty-four years of cooking turkeys I have it down!  (wink, wink)  I really do.  Not a one of them has come out less than perfect!  Not  a dry one in the bunch! (knock on wood)

I have roasted, fried and smoked.  All methods have turned out a delicious turkey and, it is still up for debate as to which way is the best.  

Today I roasted turkey number two... poi-fect!  Turkey number two?!  Huh?  (you ask...)

Well...

Eight years ago on the Friday after Thanksgiving, Dean and I found ourselves without any left overs to enjoy on the famous "day after."  As many others do across our nation, we too enjoy the proverbial  "day after" Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with stuffing/dressing and cranberry sauce on it.  One word... Nummmmy!

In more recent years I have added my mom's (mother in law) turkey soup recipe to our tradition on the day after the "day after" (Saturday.)  I have never tasted anything as good as this turkey soup recipe, a family recipe none the less.

So, let me make this clear.  On Thanksgiving I assisted my mom (mother in law) in cooking our turkey dinner (and this year I volunteered to cook Dean's aunt's turkey for her,) by making the green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and onions with white sauce.  Then today Friday I cooked a little Thanksgiving dinner for us so that we can enjoy leftovers for the next few fays.

Did You Know that President Abraham Lincoln declared the final Thursday in November as a national day of thanksgiving?
Did You Know that in 1939, 1940, and 1941 Franklin D. Roosevelt proclaimed Thanksgiving the third Thursday in November to lengthen the holiday shopping season?
Did You Know that according to the Guinness Book of Records, the largest turkey recorded was 86 pounds? 
 
I am thankful for the continued love and support my family shows me.

Blessings to all!!


195 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: