Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 168 ~ Happy Thanksgiving Eve 2011!

It's finally here!  Thanksgiving eve 2011...  What will tomorrow bring?

Courtesy of Bing images
With all the preparation underway... the only thing left for me to do is wake up at six in the morning so I can tackle Tom (this is what I always call our thanksgiving turkeys) and put him in the oven by seven... and then off to the airport!  Alysia's flight gets in at 7:30 which after some thought is not a bad time to get in.  At least it is not at eleven or noon!  (wink, wink)

I really love Thanksgiving!  It is all about giving thanks and being grateful for all in your life.  No presents, no sales, and free turkeys!  I also love the fact that most of the supermarkets have some type of a incentive for a free turkey.. most of which is buy $75 to $100 worth of groceries and you get to walk out with your own Tom!  I really hope they never do away with this.

Well, I can honestly say I am ready for tomorrow.  Sure there are a couple of things that didn't get done, which happened to be on someone else's to-do list (and I won't mention any names but he sleeps next to me every night), even so I think Alysia will be comfortable and every one will enjoy dinner regardless.

Courtesy of Bing images
I know, I know... it's just that I like everything just perfect... down to the salt and pepper shakers on the table.  All the bedding is clean, towels and toilets too!  And the actual dinner is not even at my house!  Wait until you see how we set my mom's table tomorrow.  It is absolutely Thanksgiving!

So it is off to bed early.  I should be able to get a good night's sleep being that I stayed up most of last night thinking of what needed to be done today.  (laughing to myself- doesn't take much to amuse me!)

I wish you all a juicy Turkey, perfect mashed potatoes, the sweetest candied yams and the best green bean casserole ever!!  And I won't even bring up dessert.


May you enjoy your family as much as your meal, and may you also know when to keep your comments to yourself and when to chime in!  (that last one is more for me - somehow, my shoe sometimes finds itself in my mouth and for the stupidest reasons too!)

God Bless you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!


He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd

God has two dwellings; one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart.   ~Izaak Walton 


I am thankful for the faith I find within me in when I need it the most.


Blessings to all!!


197 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: