Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 153 ~ My Happy Place

photo by winnond
Doesn't matter how I slice it each day, by the time I sit down to write I am exhausted.  Doesn't help the situation, that we had an early start at our day today... something that honestly has become foreign to Calley and I.  

Unless needed otherwise, Calley and I are blessed this year to start each glorious day at our own pace.  How awesome is that, we do not need an alarm clock!

Well today was an exception... we needed to be out of the house by 7:45 this morning.  A little tough at first, but we did it!  One great thing about having to be somewhere... you get up, get ready and get going without second thought... and away you go!

Talk about setting the pace for the day!  One thing about being busy, you don't get the opportunity to feel sorry for yourself, let alone think.  Having said that... I've been pretty positive lately, and I intend to keep it up.  I know that there was a certain direction I wanted to go with this blog... you know telling my story.  However, my story also includes where my path has taken me including the fact that I do want to be happy.  My story still can be told from a "current" happy place.

As a little girl when I was asked what I wanted to be when I was older, I would always respond the same... "I want to be a mommy and be happy with my family."   Maybe part of this thing called life is to go through the horrible times, so you can appreciate the good ones.

Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.  ~ Abraham Lincoln
Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.  ~ Benjamin Franklin
The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.  ~ Mother Teresa
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.  ~ Dalai Lama 


I am thankful for my daughter.


Blessings to all!!


212 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: